The Old Meeting House was built in 1794 as a Methodist meeting house. It is the oldest Meeting House in New England. It was used as a meeting house until the 1830’s when a new meeting house was built to accommodate the growing Methodist population in Wilbraham. It was then converted into a single family home until 1977, when it was purchased by the Town and restored. The museum was started to preserve, protect and display artifacts from the 18th, 19th and early 20th century that depict life in Wilbraham and the customs and traditions of the people living here. All items have been donated by residents and family members that are currently living or have lived in Wilbraham. We also have a collection of Native American artifacts that have been found on Wilbraham Mountain in the Glendale Rd. area.
Our address is :
Old Meeting House Museum
450 Main Street
Wilbraham, MA 01095
The Old Meeting House is open to the public on the second Sunday of every month from 2:00 to 4:00 PM, May through October, and November 11th for Veteran’s day, and the first Sunday of December for the town holiday event. Special events may be scheduled throughout the year and will be publicized in the local media.
President: Sandy Sanders
Secretary: Nan Nieske
Historical Research: Michelle Sampson
We can also be found on Facebook and the web. Please also keep an eye on our What’s New page for event information.