PVHN is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit consortium of historical institutions throughout the Pioneer Valley.
Membership is free for individuals and organizations in the Franklin, Hampden, and Hampshire counties of western Massachusetts. We invite museums, historical societies, libraries, and historic sites in the region, as well as all history-minded individuals, to join. That includes YOU!
To promote and provide effective communication and collaboration among the historical societies, sites, and museums of the Pioneer Valley and to foster a public appreciation for, and awareness of such repositories of history.
Board of Directors
- President: Cliff McCarthy – Wood Museum of Springfield History & Belchertown Historical Association
- Vice-President: Catherine White
- Treasurer: Sheila Damkoehler, Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield
- Clerk: Zoe Cheek, Wood Museum of Springfield History
Other Board Members
- Meguey Baker – Hatfield Historical Society, Historical Society of Greenfield
- Brianne Zulkiewicz
- Andrea Caluori
- Barbara Mathews – Public Historian, Historic Deerfield
Belchertown, MA 01007
Racial Justice Statement
The members of the Board of Directors of the Pioneer Valley History Network feel that it is critical in light of recent sobering incidents in our nation that we make the following declaration:
- Prejudice and bigotry has been an unfortunate part of our country’s and region’s history and continues to this day. We support peaceful protests that promote dialogue and meaningful change.
- We encourage all our members to expand their interpretation to include the voice of unrepresented or little represented individuals and groups of their area – whether that be race, class or lower economic populations.
- We are stewards of our story and many voices broaden the perspective to make it more a relevant message to our audiences.
- All our members should strive for inclusive training for themselves and their staff to insure diversity and equality in their interpretation.